Saturday, August 18, 2012

Active Hope

Attended my second Heart & Soul meeting, a subcommittee of Transition Town Media, and loved the thoughtful introspection offered by everyone there. We are reading and discussing Joanna Macy's book Active Hope which talks about ways to face the destruction that is facing the planet and how to go forth into the world and work toward changing harmful habits. At one point in the meeting, I talked about my lack of hope for the planet, that I thought we just didn't have time to turn things around. That too much damage had taken place to right things. After I spoke, a man spoke of a video clip he had seen which offered hope against all odds that humanity is on the right track. This video clip can be found at the link below and is well worth the five minutes it takes to watch it. It convinced me that rather than face our struggles with doom and gloom, lets face them with hope. Enjoy!


No comments: