Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Day Labyrinth Walk

Snow overnight made it difficult to find and negotiate a labyrinth in the woods located a fair distance from my house. Had the snow been any deeper, we would have missed discovering the labyrinth for sure. I suppose this experience could be seen as a metaphor for life. Life's path is hard to see and can be difficult even to find. But press on, knowing you are on the right path. Don't force things- savor the journey- and life will unfold as it should.

I suppose this is a good lesson for me to heed. As the New Year dawns, and our time remaining here in NYC becomes shorter, I am anxious to know where we will be moving next and wonder what opportunities are waiting for me in the new location. I need to remind myself to slow down and appreciate each day between now and then. Very difficult to do when living in limbo...

1 comment:

Folkways Note Book said...

A great thinking post to start the new year! barbara