Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Homeschooling in New York City

When we first got notice that Mike was going to be working in midtown Manhattan for eighteen months, we wondered if we should uproot the family for such a short period of time, but the idea of homeschooling in NYC and all that it would offer was too good of an opportunity to pass up. Because our time here is short and we would like to experience as much as possible, we have decided to devote one day each week to visiting New York museums and sites, hopefully covering thirty of them over the course of this year.

I am calling this grand plan "Homeschooling NYC" and I have spent the last several days researching all of the places Ryan and I would like to visit and making a list of them. This list is located on my sidebar and I will be making an online journal of our experiences by posting about it on my blog each week. While we have already visited some of the places on the list, such as the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island etc..., we plan on going back in order to learn about them in a more in-depth kind of way. I am looking forward to this part of our homeschooling journey and all that will come our way!

No comments: