Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Winter Walk

I love getting outside this time of year and with a bit of snow falling from the sky, my husband and I headed out to walk along Crum Creek with our pup Dakota. The creek is about a 15 minute stroll from our house but we enjoyed taking many detours to give our pup a chance to run off leash. After letting her tear across the local school yard, a soccer field and the college campus, we entered the woods along the creek and settled into enjoying nature's beauty as the snow changed over to heavy rain.

I've been reading a book by Theodore Roszak called "The Voice of the Earth - An Exploration of Ecopsychology" and am finding myself getting incredibly drawn into it. The book speaks to me on many levels and I find myself contemplating it as I take in the sounds of the forest with the wind in the trees and the rain splashing upon rocks. Enjoying the music of Roszak's words and those of the forest- can't think of a better way to spend a day.

No comments: