Sunday, May 24, 2009

Goodbye Illinois

Due to my move to NYC, I have decided to discontinue this blog and begin a new one at some point down the road. Moving brings change in more ways than just physical location. It also makes one take stock of where they have been going in life, what has been learned along the way, and what new direction one would like to head.

I have learned much during my time here in Illinois. That a warm sense of community can be found in the independent shops and restaurants of small towns. That environmental stewardship can be a rewarding way to forge relationships with like minded people. That old true friendships never die, and that some new untested ones may. That much can be enjoyed from the seat of a bike, along a forest preserve path, by taking a stroll in town or just sitting on the patio.

A week from now, I will be living in a new place with new adventures to take me further along on this path of discovery. Not sure where it will take me just yet but I am sure it will be interesting.

2 comments:

Folkways Note Book said...

WITH YOUR TALENT AND VIGOR YOU WILL FOCUS ON YOUR NEW SURROUNDINGS SEARCHING OUT THE LAY-OF-THE-LAND AND BRINGING THOSE NEWLY ACQUIRED VISIONS TO A NEW BLOG. AS WITH GOODBYEGOODS -- YOU WILL SURELY DEVELOP A BLOG THAT WILL BE A REFRESHING TAKE ON LIVING LIFE. I ENJOYED THE RIDE WITH GOODBYEGOODS! --BARBARA

Jen said...

Best of luck in your new home. I have truly enjoyed Goodbye Goods and hope you will put a link to your new blog on this site, once you get settled and start it.

~Jen