Monday, June 9, 2008

Holding my breath...


Each year as I open my seed packets to plant my garden, I am in awe of how such tiny seeds can result in large abundant plants. It always feels a bit like a miracle when the plants begin to poke out of the ground after germinating. Here is a picture of my garden in that "holding my breath" stage, wondering if the plants will come up or not.
My planting was delayed by two weeks this year due to a cold and wet spring. Then, the day after I put my garden in, heavy rain fell and I wondered if my seeds were going to be washed away. Now, two weeks after planting, many of my plants are up and out of the ground but they seem small compared to last year. I wonder if the constant rainstorms we have been getting is having a negative impact on them.

No comments: